TITLE: Part Time Nurse Practitioner (APRN)
REPORTS TO: Clinic Director
LOCATION: Stamford CT Free Clinic Sites
ABOUT AMERICARES FREE CLINICS PROGRAM
The mission of the AmeriCares Free Clinics is to provide quality health care to low-income, uninsured patients in a setting where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. AmeriCares opened its first clinic in 1994 to expand access to care for the working poor. Over the years our program has grown to become the largest free clinic network in the state with four locations serving 3,000 patients annually. Today, our clinics in Bridgeport, Danbury, Norwalk and Stamford are the primary source of free medical care for the uninsured in Fairfield County.
We are seeking a part time Nurse Practitioner to join our staff at our Stamford site. Under the administrative supervision of the Clinic Director, and working with a team of medical providers, the APRN will deliver free medical care to a predominantly Spanish speaking population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
APRN must be able to function independently in the following areas:
- Developing and implementing treatment plans for patients with acute and chronic illness
- Educating and guiding patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
- Conducting comprehensive physical assessments including biological, social and psychological needs
- Ordering laboratory and diagnostic testing and incorporating results into plan of care
- Prescribing appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Collaborating in case management services including identifying referral needs for specialty care and social services
- Maintaining patients electronic chart according to established standards
- Current APRN license in the State of Connecticut and two years of full time experience working with adults with chronic and episodic illness.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with medical staff, volunteers and patients.
- Bilingual (Spanish) or multilingual strongly preferred, cultural sensitivity a must.
- Must prioritize work flow and work independently, yet respond to requests from others as needed.
- Must perform well in a busy, team setting.
- Familiarity with EMRs.
- Passion for working with the low-income, uninsured within a volunteer model.
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your application should include the following:
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of medical license