TITLE: Manager, Donor Stewardship Support and Proposal Development
DEPARTMENT: Development (Institutional Relations)
JOB STATUS: Regular, FTE
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
REPORTS TO: Director, Institutional Relations
Americares is a health-focused relief and development nonprofit organization that responds to people affected by poverty or disaster with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies, delivering over $500 million in innovative health programs and quality medical aid to more than 90 countries and all 50 U.S. states each year. For more information, visit Americares.org.
Americares Development Department works with donors and across the organization to engage individual, corporate and foundation supporters in Americares mission, thereby maximizing income and driving revenue growth. Actively engaging and maintaining donors requires the creation of relevant materials to support donor outreach including program summaries, base cases, concept notes, proposals and reports. As the organization works to expand donor support, as well as diversify its revenue streams, it is seeking a Manager, Donor Stewardship Support and Proposal Development to create and coordinate content development for Corporate and Foundation outreach.
Reporting to the Director, Institutional Relations, the Manager of Donor Stewardship Support and Proposal Development plays a central role in developing and managing the content to be used by the Corporate and Foundation Partnership team to help realize Americares ambitious revenue goals of raising $29 million this fiscal year. In this capacity, he/she serves as a lead writer and originator of compelling content for proposals, reports and other communications utilized by staff who manage relationships with corporate and foundation donors, always with an eye to leveraging any content for broader use in proposal development across the Development team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Facilitate stewardship of Americares donors through coordination and origination of compelling content
- Work closely with the Director to design and coordinate a comprehensive process and calendar for developing proposals, reports and feedback for corporate and foundation donors. This includes a broad range of stewardship activities including grant and program impact reports, letters/emails from the CEO, memos from staff members working in the field, and information about upcoming site visits, cultivation and fundraising events.
- Serve as the lead writer for:
- Cases for support pertaining to specific programs and regions;
- Grant reports for a selection of six and seven figure institutional and individual donors;
- Program updates, and announcements;
- Other collateral as needed to support institutional donor stewardship
- Serve as key liaison for the Corporate and Foundation Partnership team for:
- The timely execution of general collateral in support of institutional donor communications needs such as Americares 101s, program PowerPoints, customized newsletters, case studies;
- Identification and execution of additional collateral needs that surface;
- Creation of a donor stewardship calendar with timeline and work plan;
- Close coordination with other departments to maximize all available organizational content development resources and avoid duplication of effort.
- Act as the key liaison with Program and M&E units that provide program metrics and other content for external collateral. Collaborate closely with colleagues in Global Programs and Communications to keep abreast of program initiatives, impact and messaging;
- Serve as the primary source and repository of donor reporting materials used for fundraising purposes. Develop and maintain a system for storing and disseminating content that can be readily utilized throughout the organization;
- Advise on and facilitate the recognition of institutional donors in both print publications and on the website.
Support Americares proposal and report tracking function
- Implement newly designed proposal development and approval process;
- Assist in the design and implementation of system to track proposals, LOIs and grant reports;
- Monitor proposal development and track all proposals and grant reports submitted organization-wide;
- Develop system to store and make readily available base cases, proposal content and attachments to proposals to facilitate increased proposal submission and maximize efficiencies across the department;
- Support information gathering and reporting to inform weekly cross departmental review;
- Develop a system to calendar reporting requirements, produce reminders and monitor compliance to deadlines for Corporate and Foundation Donors;
- Maintain SOPs.
- Screen and respond to general inquiries and requests for information;
- Assist in compiling and consolidating presentations, background and briefing material as needed;
- Perform other duties and assist in special projects and departmental activities as required;
- Develop and maintain close relationships across the organization to avoid duplication of effort and ensure content is leveraged for the broadest possible use.
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster Americares values of respect, collaboration and teamwork, trust, passion and commitment, compassion, and excellence.
Must Have Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of related work experience or equivalent job experience:
- Desirable experience includes:
- Grant proposal and/or program report writing;
- Experience with donor cultivation and/or stewardship;
- Excellent writing skills;
- A commitment to excellence and demonstrated attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills- Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of InDesign is a plus;
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Personal Success Factors:
- Passion for our mission and a desire to work within the emergency response/global health sector;
- Highly organized with ability to deliver to a deadline;
- Comfortable and confident managing expectations of multiple stakeholders;
- Team orientation; balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals;
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with various internal constituencies, successfully navigating and cultivating relationships.